Let’s agree, we all have been through that dilemma of what to cook for the next meal. It happens, especially during the weekdays, when we literally get no time to spend in our kitchen. This is when quick and easy recipes come in handy. Internet is loaded with such recipe videos that are quick, fuss-free and super easy to cook. Moreover, those quick fix dishes taste good too. If you ask us, we are in continuous search for such recipes to whip up easy meals in between a hectic day. During the research, we recently came across one such recipe that totally won our heart. And hence, we thought of sharing it with you. It’s roasted tomato-capsicum sabzi.
We all are well aware of roasted tomato chutney, where we roast and deskin the tomatoes and then mix with salt, chilli etc all to make a village-style condiment. Taking inspiration from the same, this recipe includes some more ingredients and involves proper cooking on flame. You have it as a side dish with dal chawal, khichdi or simply pair with roti or rice for wholesome meal. Sounds delicious; isn’t it? This particular roasted tomato-capsicum recipe has been shared by food vlogger Reshu on her YouTube channel ‘Cooking With Reshu’. Let’s take a look.
How To Make Roasted Tomato-Capsicum Sabzi:
- To start with, roast tomatoes, capsicum, garlic and green chilli on medium flame. Once the outer-skin of the vegetables are charred, deskin them and chop them coarsely. You can also use a chopper to do the job.
- Now, heat oil and add jeera and hing to it. Add onions and haldi and cook until the onions turn translucent in colour.
- Transfer the roasted sabzi to it and add red chilli powder and salt. Mix and cook on low flame.
- And the sabzi is ready in no time. You can garnish it with some green coriander leaves before serving.
- To get the flavours and taste, we suggest, have it hot and fresh, with roti, rice or paratha.
Watch the detailed recipe video of roasted tomato-capsicum sabzi below:
What are you waiting for? Prepare the delicious sabzi today and indulge. Happy cooking!