Which means second and fourth Saturdays are closed and the first, third, and fifth Saturdays of the month will be working Saturdays. Banks were closed on October 8, and 22 due it being the second and fourth Saturday, respectively. So banks will not be closed on 5th Saturday i.e., on October 29, 2022.
Spread across different states separately, banks will be collectively closed for 21 days in October 2022 (though not one bank is closed more than three / four days in the month), including the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays. It is recommended that bank customers plan their bank-based work with all of these holidays in mind to prevent any confusion.
Here is a look at the state-wise list of bank holidays in October 2022.
· October 1 (Saturday): Half yearly closing- Banks in Sikkim are closed for half yearly closing of bank accounts
· October 2 ( Sunday): Gandhi Jayanti- National holiday
· October 3 (Monday): Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami)- Banks are closed in Tripura, Orissa, Sikkim, Manipur, Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Meghalaya, and Kerala.
· October 4 (Tuesday): Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayudha pooja/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva- Banks are closed in Agartala, Karnataka, Orissa Sikkim, Kerala, Maharashtra, Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Meghalaya.
· October 5 (Wednesday): Durga Puja/Dussehra (Vijaya Dashmi)/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva- Banks are closed in all states except Manipur.
· October 6 (Thursday): Durga Puja (Dasain)- Banks are closed in Gangtok, Sikkim
· October 7 (Friday): Durga Puja (Dasain)- Banks are closed in Gangtok, Sikkim.
· October 8 (Saturday): Milad-i-Sherif/Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammed)- Banks are closed in Madhya Pradesh, Jammu, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh.
· October 13 (Thursday): Karva Chauth- Banks are closed in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
· October 14 (Friday): Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi- Banks are closed in Jammu and Srinagar.
· October 24 –(Monday): Kali Puja/Deepavali/Diwali (Laxmi Pujan)/Naraka Chaturdashi- Banks in India are closed except Sikkim, Telangana, and Manipur.
· October 25- (Tuesday): Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Govardhan Pooja- Banks are closed in Sikkim, Telangana, Manipur, and Rajasthan.
· October 26- (Wednesday): Govardhan Pooja/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Bhai Bij/Bhai Duj/Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Laxmi Puja/Accession Day- Banks are closed in Gujarat, Maharastra, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Jammu, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Srinagar.
· October 27 (Thursday): Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Ningol Chakkouba- Banks are closed in Sikkim, Manipur, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh,
· October 31 (M0nday): Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s Birthday/Surya Pashti Dala Chhath (Morning ardhya)/Chhath Puja- Banks are closed in Gujarat, Bihar, and Jharkhand.